Side effects of GAMMAGARD LIQUID
The safety and tolerability of GAMMAGARD LIQUID was studied in the largest Multifocal Motor Neuropathy (MMN) clinical trial to date.
Any time you’re considering a new medication, it’s important to review the potential side effects with your doctor.
The most common side effects of GAMMAGARD LIQUID for MMN include:
- Chest discomfort
- Sore throat
- Muscle spasms
- Ear pain
- Muscular weakness
- Pain in hands or feet
GAMMAGARD LIQUID can cause serious side effects. If any of the following problems occur after starting GAMMAGARD LIQUID, stop the infusion immediately and contact your HCP or call emergency services:
- Hives, swelling in the mouth or throat, itching, trouble breathing, wheezing, fainting, or dizziness. These could be signs of a serious allergic reaction.
- Bad headache with nausea, vomiting, stiff neck, fever, and sensitivity to light. These could be signs of irritation and swelling of the lining around your brain.
- Reduced urination, sudden weight gain, or swelling in your legs. These could be signs of a kidney problem.
- Pain, swelling, warmth, redness, or a lump in your legs or arms. These could be signs of a blood clot.
- Brown or red urine, fast heart rate, yellow skin or eyes. These could be signs of a liver or blood problem.
- Chest pain or trouble breathing, or blue lips or extremities. These could be signs of a serious heart or lung problem.
- Fever over 100ºF. This could be a sign of an infection.
It’s important to talk to your healthcare provider about what to expect with administration of GAMMAGARD LIQUID IVIG treatment. Your doctor, nurse, or other healthcare professional can help you prepare for treatment and tell you what can be done to manage possible side effects.
Here’s help talking with your doctor
Your experience with MMN is personal, so this discussion guide is all about you. We’ll ask questions to help you start a discussion with your doctor about where you are now—so you can start working toward where you want to be.