What is GAMMAGARD LIQUID?
GAMMAGARD LIQUID is a ready-to-use liquid medicine that is given in a vein (intravenously) to treat multifocal motor neuropathy (MMN) in adults.
Important Safety Information
What is the most important information that I should know about GAMMAGARD LIQUID?
GAMMAGARD LIQUID can cause the following serious reactions:
- Severe allergic reactions causing difficulty in breathing or skin rashes
- Decreased kidney function or kidney failure
- Blood clots in the heart, brain, lungs, or elsewhere in the body
- Severe headache, drowsiness, fever, painful eye movements, or nausea and vomiting
- Dark colored urine, swelling, fatigue, or difficulty breathing
Who should not use GAMMAGARD LIQUID?
Do not use GAMMAGARD LIQUID if you:
- Have had a severe allergic reaction to immune globulin or other blood products.
- Have a condition called selective (or severe) immunoglobulin A (IgA) deficiency.
What should I avoid while taking GAMMAGARD LIQUID?
- GAMMAGARD LIQUID can make vaccines (like measles/mumps/rubella or chickenpox vaccines) not work as well for you. Before you get any vaccines, tell your healthcare provider (HCP) that you take GAMMAGARD LIQUID.
- Tell your HCP if you are pregnant, or plan to become pregnant, or if you are nursing.
What are the possible or reasonably likely side effects of GAMMAGARD LIQUID?
GAMMAGARD LIQUID can cause serious side effects. If any of the following problems occur after starting GAMMAGARD LIQUID, stop the infusion immediately and contact your HCP or call emergency services:
- Hives, swelling in the mouth or throat, itching, trouble breathing, wheezing, fainting or dizziness. These could be signs of a serious allergic reaction.
- Bad headache with nausea, vomiting, stiff neck, fever, and sensitivity to light. These could be signs of irritation and swelling of the lining around your brain.
- Reduced urination, sudden weight gain, or swelling in your legs. These could be signs of a kidney problem.
- Pain, swelling, warmth, redness, or a lump in your legs or arms. These could be signs of a blood clot.
- Brown or red urine, fast heart rate, yellow skin or eyes. These could be signs of a liver or blood problem.
- Chest pain or trouble breathing, or blue lips or extremities. These could be signs of a serious heart or lung problem.
- Fever over 100°F. This could be sign of an infection.
The most common side effects of GAMMAGARD LIQUID for MMN include:
- Chest discomfort
- Muscle spasms
- Muscular weakness
- Sore throat
- Ear pain
- Pain in hands or feet
These are not all the possible side effects. Talk to your HCP about any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
For additional safety information, click for Information For Patients and discuss with your HCP.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.