Starting GAMMAGARD LIQUID
What should I know about SubQ treatment?
- GAMMAGARD LIQUID SubQ infusions are delivered under your skin through 1 or more (maximum of 8 simultaneous sites) needles inserted in the upper arms, abdomen, thighs, or lower back. The number of sites depends on your dose
- Immune globulin (IG) treatment is absorbed into your bloodstream through the tissues beneath your skin
- SubQ administration may be administered by yourself or by a caregiver at home, at a frequency of once a week. Before you start infusing at home, a nurse will train you or your caregiver to make sure you know what you're doing and feel comfortable doing it
- In the clinical study of SubQ administration of GAMMAGARD LIQUID SubQ, weekly infusion times ranged from 0.8 to 2.3 hours (the median time was 1.2 hours)
- GAMMAGARD LIQUID SubQ is used to treat primary immunodeficiency (PI) in people 2 years and older. Your doctor will determine the right dose based on your body weight and IG levels
What kind of training will I get for SubQ administration?
Your nurse will show you how to administer SubQ infusions so that you feel comfortable with the steps to administer your infusion at home. You can also request educational materials on SubQ administration of GAMMAGARD LIQUID treatment. For more information, visit our support page.
What can I expect when receiving SubQ treatment?
Before the infusion
- Choose a quiet time of day
- Take precautions to avoid disruptions while infusing
- Set up supplies
- Select a book, movie, or other relaxing activity to occupy yourself during the infusion
- It is recommended that you have another responsible person at home while self-infusing in case you experience a side effect
During the infusion
- Relax comfortably when using an ambulatory or mobile infusion pump
- Care for any reactions as instructed by your healthcare professional
After the infusion
- Report any side effects to your doctor or nurse
Learn more about what to keep an eye out for. Report any side effects to your doctor or nurse.See possible side effects